Statistically, men tend to get the upper hand when it comes to business. They hold more leadership positions than women, have more opportunities for advancement, and experience significantly less sexual harassment in the workplace.
Though this difference in treatment is unacceptable, it’s worth noting that today, more women than ever hold management positions. Social media is placing more accountability on companies when it comes to gender inequality, and thousands of women around the world are working tirelessly to lessen the gender gap.
To celebrate and encourage women in the workplace, FTD collected inspiring quotes and lessons from some of the most incredible women in positions of leadership. These women have risen to the top of their industries through hard work, dedication, and a never-ending drive to succeed. Use these quotes as inspiration for your own goals!
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama, First Lady, Lawyer and Author
- “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset.” – Sara Blakely, Spanx Founder
- “It’s not about expensive ingredients. It’s about people.” – Lady Elizabeth Anson, Celebrity event planner
- “Energy is contagious, so your team and everyone you interact with feels it.” – Tyler Haney, Founder of Outdoor Voices
- “It’s hard to juggle being a businessperson with being a creative person. You have to organize yourself.” – Vera Wang, Fashion designer
- “You won’t know until you try. Create without fear. If you mess up, who cares? You learn and move on.” – Michelle McHargue, Partner of Cowboy Ventures
- “Obviously I believe that using crocodile or leather to make a handbag is cruel. But it’s also not modern, you’re not pushing innovation.” – Stella McCartney, Fashion designer
- “It’s easy to kill an idea with a no, but the smartest people in the room learn how to say yes and make it work.” – Lisa Gersh, Goop CEO